Employee Engagement Surveys
Is Employee Engagement Affecting Your Bottom Line?
Employee Engagement refers to the extent to which employees are committed to their organization.
Additionally, our ClearPath Analytics and ClearPath Action processes show clients the cause and effect relationship between engagement and productivity and provide solutions to improve both.
Employee engagement has a huge impact on any company, even yours. The depth, degree, and overall direction of the impact are largely determined by how well companies monitor and manage a number of areas pertaining to employee behavior, including:
- Productivity: This is one of the most talked about, but least understood areas pertaining to employee engagement. Many managers lose sight of the fact that as employee engagement declines, so too does employee productivity, which impacts the bottom-line. It’s widely reported that disengaged employees cost companies billions of dollars each year from lost productivity.
- Morale: The way in which employees view their workplace is very important. Are they eager to show up to work? Are they happy with their jobs? Do their co-workers add value and meaning to their interactions? All of these elements come into play on a daily basis, adding up to a positive or negative experience, further driving home the point that measuring employee engagement is essential.
- Turnover: You have serious signs of trouble if your business becomes a revolving door of new hires/existing hires. Hiring and training new employees is expensive. Also, losing veteran employees means institutional knowledge is likely going to the competition. The sooner you get your hands on employee engagement statistics for your organization, the sooner you can figure out what’s wrong and make the needed changes.
- Absenteeism: Missed days at work is one of the biggest profit leaks inside any company. The more days employees are away from their jobs, the less efficiently the work they are charged with gets done and the greater the potential for your business to suffer. Also, employees who miss a large number of days are less likely to be productive when they are at work and more likely to leave when opportunities present themselves.
- Sales: When sales begin to slump, everyone looks around for answers. Often the culprit is right under managers’ noses and can be found simply by asking the right questions. Wouldn’t it be great to have an employee engagement program in place to get the answers?
- Customer satisfaction and loyalty: The more loyal and satisfied your clients are, the less expensive new ones are to acquire and existing ones are maintain. With employee engagement initiatives in place, you realize the role employees are playing in customer acquisition and maintenance and how to drive change if needed.
- Financial Performance: If we told you that our employee engagement program will improve your bottom line, would that get your attention? We can! Our processes, based on sound, thorough research, deliver results you can trust. And it’s information your business needs to prevent low employee engagement levels from harming the financial performance of your business.
Make no mistake about it, there are numerous employee engagement surveys on the market today, and most are not valid—that is, they do not measure what they claim to measure.
For instance, neither employee opinion nor employee satisfaction is the same as employee engagement. However, many survey research companies will attempt to pass them off as one in the same.
NBRI’s comprehensive approach to engagement includes multiple critical dimensions to fully understand and analyze engagement, including the cognitive and effective dimensions of engagement.
When you hire NBRI, you’re hiring more than a company to conduct survey research. You’re hiring a business partner with a sincere interest in the health and success of your company.
Give us a call. We’re confident that you’ll find us a valuable partner capable of fulfilling your survey research needs, and exceeding your expectations.
Employee Engagement Survey Case Study
An international electronics manufacturer was experiencing turnover in excess of 20% when they decided to contact NBRI. The NBRI employee engagement survey was deployed in seven languages to the more than 10,000 employees worldwide. Within only eight weeks, from start to finish, the client had the results in hand that they needed.
It was clear from NBRI’s ClearPath Analytics of the employee survey data that the organization’s management style was at the heart of the problem. Employees were treated as expendable, rather than valuable assets, and the trickle-down effects could be felt all the way from the president’s office to three continents around the globe.
NBRI identified the root cause of the turnover and was instrumental in directing the client to another partner who provided the appropriate management training to correct the problem.
One year later, at the second assessment, turnover had dropped to less than 10%, and the client had saved millions of dollars in associated costs. Additionally, morale and productivity reached all-time highs, as evidenced by subsequent NBRI employee surveys.
The Standard NBRI Employee Engagement Survey includes 50 questions covering 16 topics, requiring 10 to 15 minutes to complete, and is customized to achieve each organization’s specific goals for their study.
Standard Employee Engagement Survey Topics
Employee Engagement Survey Related White Papers
Research is in our blood. It’s who we are. It’s what we do. Our white papers highlight our philosophy on areas of business impacted by survey research.
See for yourself:
How to Measure and Improve Employee Engagement – We all know employee engagement when we experience it. It’s the customer service representative who empathetically listens and responds in meaningful ways and the boss who takes time to learn what is important to each employee.
Employee Engagement Drives Customer Satisfaction – Engaged employees can be described as being fully immersed in and enthusiastic about their work. Engaged employees usually have an emotional attachment to their work and will go above and beyond what is expected of them on the job.
View all Employee Survey White Papers by NBRI.
Here’s what some of our customers are saying about us:
What do you like most about NBRI? The benchmarking information and SWOT conclusions.Emiel Kleefstra
Our project manager is excellent to work with. NBRI exceeds our expectations and always does more than they promise.Julie Babones
NBRI does an excellent job on our employee engagement survey. Professionals at a great price. Quality and value are outstanding.Robert Ufferman
We’d love to add your name to this list. It’s as easy as picking up the phone and giving us a call.
provide clients with targeted actions for reducing turnover.
Employee Attitude Surveys
provide a way to improve productivity and commitment by identifying the root causes of workplace attitudes.
Employee Opinion Surveys
can be morale-boosting for those who may not have many other opportunities to express their views confidentially.
Employee Satisfaction Surveys
allow for increased productivity, job satisfaction, and loyalty by identifying the root causes of employee satisfaction and targeting these areas.
Organizational Assessment Surveys
offer accurate identification and measurement of the key drivers of financial performance of a company.
provide feedback from members of an employee's immediate work circle, such as subordinates, peers, and supervisors, as well as self-evaluation.
Employee Exit Interviews
obtain valuable feedback from previous employees. They are used to reduce turnover, whether in a demographic, a particular job position, or overall.