Who we are
NBRI was founded in 1982 on a mission to define the survey research industry — to focus on delivering client results, not just producing reports. We have continued to be innovators in our industry with an entrepreneurial culture that is never satisfied with the status quo, for ourselves or our clients.
Since we created the survey questions that form the foundation of our industry, we have accumulated the largest and highest-quality industrial benchmarking database in the world. NBRI is the global leader in scientific survey research, analyses, and taking action!
We help our clients set new standards of excellence in their industries, not follow the pack with off-the-shelf solutions. Our people, our values, our passion, and our way of doing things are intangibles that can’t be financially measured or modeled but that truly make the difference.
NBRI is full of smart, driven people who care about getting the job done and the relationships we build. Our people become a valuable extension of our clients’ teams. As a result, our people are one of the primary reasons our clients recommend NBRI to others
What to know about us
- Professional researchers and business consultants with extensive training and experience in the business application of psychological research
- The primary founder of the survey research industry in 1982
- Wrote the survey questions most often used in employee and customer studies
- Largest and highest-quality benchmarking database in the world
- Over 40 years of experience
- Conducted scientific, psychological research for thousands of organizations, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies
- Full-process consulting from survey design to implementing improvements
- Over 30,000 highly satisfied clients
- Headquartered in Plano, Texas
- Privately owned
Our core values
We don’t settle at NBRI — and you shouldn’t either. Here are the values we embody in every interaction with our clients.
- Dedication: a commitment to serve others
- Excellence: a commitment to exceeding the expectations of all clients and stakeholders
- Passion: an attitude of engaged enthusiasm for one’s work, co-workers, and clients
- Innovation: a commitment to continuously improve every aspect of the job we perform for clients
- Communication: a commitment to open, honest, frequent interactions with those we serve
- Trustworthiness: a commitment to behave ethically and to trust others to do so
How we work
At NBRI, we guide clients with our revolutionary ClearPath process from start to finish. We handle everything from the design and deployment of surveys to benchmarking, data analysis, and action planning.
Our organizational psychologists analyze the data, present the results, and assist clients through the action phase of the process. Each step leads to highly upgraded business processes, meaning profit improvement is a norm for NBRI clients.
The survey research industry was made possible by a major discovery
While conducting employee and customer interviews four decades ago, NBRI organizational psychologists discovered recurring universal themes across all companies, whether they are in manufacturing, retail, finance, agriculture, or any other industry.
(Today, these themes are simply called “topics,” such as management style, communications, culture, satisfaction, and engagement for employees or friendliness, helpfulness, wait time, satisfaction, and intent to recommend or return for customers.)
These realizations put NBRI in a unique position to write survey questions that assess specific attributes of each topic. And today, these standardized survey questions have been tested on millions of people and are used worldwide in employee and customer research. The principles of scientific, psychological research that led to these discoveries—and the founding of our industry—are called ClearPath Research.
Trailblazers in the survey research industry
Once organizations began using the same survey topics and questions, NBRI was the first research organization to benchmark each client’s employee and customer performance against their industry, another essential innovation. To date, over 10.5 billion individual scores make up ClearPath Benchmarking, segregated by survey question and each survey question segregated by virtually every vertical market.
Two decades ago, NBRI clients also started asking us what they should do with their data. Sure, their management teams could identify the low-scoring items, debate and defend which should be addressed, consider the costs associated with each, and hope to select the ones that would bring the greatest improvement in the shortest amount of time. But that took months. Meanwhile, the data aged and rarely worked without employee support.
So NBRI organizational psychologists and statisticians developed the Root Cause Analysis, which today uses managed machine learning and is called ClearPath Analytics. Coupled with ClearPath Action, we created a Best Practice Process for responding to survey data and maximizing ROIs. Our proud, rich history is reflected in our clients’ satisfaction, willingness to recommend us, and intent to return to NBRI.
Make our team your team
We handle it all, from survey creation and in-depth reporting to turning the research into real benefits for you. Tell us what you need, and we’ll deliver.
Still not sure?
NBRI surveys give businesses a competitive edge, forming a clear path to profit improvement. Reach out today for more information — we are here to help.