Employees Who Love Their Jobs, Stay at Their Jobs.
Employee satisfaction is the level of contentment an individual feels toward their job. It is a facet of employment that is seldom discussed, but is a very important element in any workplace. It is important for businesses to monitor and understand satisfaction levels, and for good reason: the level of satisfaction employees feel toward their job is directly related to how successfully they perform their job, how long they remain at their current place of employment, and most importantly, it impacts the collective culture of the business.
Given this, it’s easy to recognize the value of employee satisfaction surveys, particularly with regard to the success of your business.
NBRI’s Employee Satisfaction Surveys gather hard data on employee affective and cognitive satisfaction. Then, we use ClearPath Analytics to determine the root causes of employee satisfaction or dissatisfaction that are specific to your organization.
All NBRI Employee Satisfaction Surveys include the ClearPath Action process that outlines explicit steps to improve root causes.
NBRI’s employee satisfaction surveys help organizations:
- Understand the company culture.The satisfaction levels in a business are too often ignored until a sick company culture is affecting financial performance. Sadly, by the time the danger signs are evident, what might have been a simple fix may have morphed into a bigger and more costly problem.
- Address employee benefits.Your company may be well-run, but are employees satisfied with the healthcare plan the company offers? Are there changes or additions that could be implemented for little or no additional cost that would be welcome? An employee satisfaction survey will get you the answers you need.
- Improve teamwork.No successful company is run by keeping people in silos. People work best in teams, and to improve the performance of your teams, you must gather the information needed to help them operate most efficiently. Our surveys help you ensure your teams are operating at peak efficiency.
- Improve satisfaction and productivity.Employee satisfaction questionnaires are an excellent vehicle for determining how employees view their jobs and the company as a whole. Do employees have the tools needed to do their jobs, a work environment that is driving high levels of productivity, and are they satisfied with opportunities for advancement? These and many other questions can be answered with a survey.
- Assess employees’ long-term commitments.One of the biggest “costs” associated with running a company is the loss of valued employees, many of whom take institutional knowledge to direct competitors. Employee turnover wreaks havoc on your business. Controlling this hidden cost is a priority for the management of any successful company.
- Identify succession planning needs.Who are your future leaders? Are you equipping them with the skills and experience they need to be successful? A professional, comprehensive approach to succession planning can be guided by employee satisfaction survey results.
- Improve the work lives of all employees.Happy employees get more work done, and they get it done more effectively. Happy and productive employees generally have a good balance between their work and personal lives. They trust and respect their peers, supervisors, and upper management. They look forward to coming to work and are proud of their individual and team accomplishments. Do your employees exhibit these characteristics? Information is the key to unlocking the full potential of your employees.
- Retain happier, more satisfied employees.Need proof that happy, satisfied employees are important to your business? Look at every one of the top companies in their respective vertical market: they have made it a priority to create a culture that promotes employee satisfaction. Shouldn’t you do the same?
NBRI provides you with the information you need to positively impact your business. Information you can trust, allowing you to make decisions everyone can believe in.
When you hire NBRI, you’re hiring more than a company to conduct survey research. You’re hiring a business partner with a sincere interest in the health and success of your company.
Give us a call. We’re confident that you’ll find us a valuable partner capable of fulfilling your survey research needs, and exceeding your expectations.
Employee Satisfaction Survey Case Study
Experiencing high employee absenteeism, one of the country’s largest food services providers contacted NBRI to assess their employee satisfaction levels. They suspected employee dissatisfaction was the leading cause of the company’s chronic employee absences.
An NBRI Survey was deployed in 48 states and three languages. An 85% response rate was obtained which produced valid data at a 99% confidence level with a 3% sampling error. Management could be certain that the results of the employee satisfaction survey truly represented their employees’ attitudes.
Low job satisfaction was evident. NBRI’s ClearPath Analytics determined employees felt disconnected from the organization’s short and long-term goals, vision, and mission. NBRI recommended several interventions, which included communicating management’s strategic plans to all employees and reinforcing their practice in each employee’s daily activities.
Subsequent employee survey results showed significant increases on related survey questions, which dramatically impacted the entire company’s job satisfaction scores. Employee satisfaction scores improved from a weakness (below the 50th percentile of the NBRI Benchmarking Database) to a strength (above the 75th percentile of the NBRI Benchmarking Database) in only six months. Most important, employee absenteeism was reduced by more than 60% in this short time span.
The Standard NBRI Employee Satisfaction Survey includes 60 questions covering 18 topics, requiring 10 to 15 minutes to complete, and is customized to achieve each organization’s specific goals for their study.
Standard Employee Satisfaction Survey Topics
- Job Training
- Job Satisfaction
- Life Balance
- Management Style
- Organizational Change
- Performance Evaluations
- Work Life
- Working Relationships
Employee Satisfaction Survey Related White Papers
Research is in our blood. It’s who we are. It’s what we do. Our white papers highlight our philosophy on areas of business impacted by survey research.
See for yourself:
The Truth about Motivating Employees to be More Productive – What really motivates employees to be productive? Is it money? Recognition? Job satisfaction? Benefits? Opportunities? Employees are recognized as the most crucial asset of today’s organizations by both practitioners and academics.
Using Scientific Research to Understand Employees and Increase Profits – People hear the word Research and their first response is a big YAWN. Add the word scientific in front of it and many enter a deep sleep. Say the word Profits and you have people’s attention.
View all Employee Survey White Papers by NBRI.
Here’s what some of our customers are saying about us:
The support, knowledge, and confidence level of our NBRI Research Consultant is tremendous! Phone calls are answered personally by our NBRI Project Manager most times! And, if not, a voice mail is responded to VERY quickly! Professionalism. Thoroughness. Great customer support.
What do you like most about NBRI? The benchmarking database.
Los Alamos National Laboratory
NBRI is able to get us what we need when we need it.
We’d love to add your name to this list. It’s as easy as picking up the phone and giving us a call.
Employee Attitude Surveys
Provide a way to improve productivity and commitment by identifying the root causes of workplace attitudes.
Employee Engagement Surveys
Measure the extent to which employees are passionate about their work and emotionally committed to their coworkers and company.
Employee NPS Surveys
Deliver a steady stream of data about employees' attitudes toward their organization.
Employee Opinion Surveys
Can be morale-boosting for those who may not have many other opportunities to express their views confidentially.
Organizational Assessment Surveys
Offer accurate identification and measurement of the key drivers of financial performance of a company.
Provide feedback from members of an employee's immediate work circle, such as subordinates, peers, and supervisors, as well as self-evaluation.