Gaming & Hospitality Surveys
GUEST SATISFACTION SURVEYS ARE USED TO ASSESS AND IMPROVE GUEST LOYALTY
The satisfaction of your guests is not something to take a gamble on. In an ever-crowded field of properties competing for the entertainment and hospitality dollar, it is important for your property to distinguish itself. The best way to do this is by offering a level of customer service and satisfaction that no other casino or hotel can match. However, in order to do this, you need to understand which services are most important to your guests, as well as how you compare to other properties in the offering of those services.
A professionally administered guest satisfaction survey identifies the areas in which you excel and the areas that need improvement. The best way to understand your strengths and weaknesses is through the use of benchmarking information or comparison data. Benchmarking information allows you to understand how your performance in certain areas compares with similar properties. As a result, you can understand exactly how you stack up against your competition, and what you must do to increase your performance and exceed guest expectations.
Surveys conducted by NBRI allow you to both compare and evaluate all facets of your operation, including casino services, food and beverage services, hotel services and more. On the whole, gaming and hospitality surveys can:
- Improve the guest experience. The central objective of a guest survey is—first and foremost—understanding how you can provide a quality experience for your guests. A guest survey lets you know how you rate on every element of your services across the entire property. From bar staff to front desk receptionists, from the quality of room service to the array of games offered, you can find out exactly how you compare to other properties and the impact this has on a guest’s overall experience.
- Increase share of wallet. When it comes to casinos, guests who feel they are taken care of are likely to play where they stay. By ensuring a high level of customer service, a casino can guarantee itself the lion’s share of a guest’s table or slot time. However, it is first critical to understand the elements of customer service a guest values most. Is it the ambiance of the casino? Fellow players and clientele? Quality of food and drink? The mix of games available? A range of table limits? A guest survey allows you to understand exactly what your clientele value most. This information is invaluable when developing marketing efforts such as reward programs and special offers on accommodations.
- Increase guest recommendations of your property to others. A guest survey allows you to identify areas where your property excels and potential areas of service failings. Furthermore, historical data will give you the potential to understand the evolution of guest opinions over time, allowing you to understand the effectiveness of organizational changes or marketing strategies. One of the key features of a guest survey is the potential to engage in service recovery. This allows you to immediately reach out to a guest who has reported an unpleasant experience and ensure that you right any wrongs. Ultimately, the ability to respond rapidly will decrease the potential for negative word-of-mouth and ensure future guests do not have similar negative experiences.
- Tie improvement goals to management compensation plans. A guest survey helps you make solid and grounded plans for improvement. By tying improvement goals to management incentives, you can align managerial behavior with customer satisfaction. This allows you to provide greater structure to employee compensation while increasing the probability that employees will work hard to meet improvement goals. Often, organizations find it difficult to start the momentum for change, but structuring compensation in this way will ensure the ball starts rolling.
- Use hard data to continually improve guest loyalty, satisfaction, and intent to return. When deploying a guest survey, it is necessary to ensure the information you gather has integrity, meaning it is collected in a scientific and methodological way that permits confidence in the results. This means an accurate assessment of the opinions of guests that visit your property, and the underlying rationale behind their assessment of your property. As a result, the action taken in response to the survey will adequately address the concerns of current and future guests. For example, you may discover that your casino has a good mixture of game limits, but it can take too long to receive service at the cashier’s window.
NBRI’s ClearPath Analytics pinpoint the key features of your services that drive guest satisfaction, intent to return, and willingness to recommend your property to others. By using rigorous statistical methods to analyze the data gathered from guest surveys, you will have the ability to accurately understand your strengths and weaknesses. As a result, you can take corrective measures to address any issues that negatively impact your revenues while working to improve the features that matter most to guest satisfaction. Ultimately, using the survey data in this way will increase the probability guests will return to your property, leading to an improvement in financial returns.
After NBRI identifies the root causes that determine key elements of customer behavior, we empower you with the tools you need to initiate change. Change can be complicated, but with our ClearPath Action Training process, it doesn’t have to be. Our process shows you how to enlist your employees in the change process in a way that makes it something they want to be a part of. At NBRI, our objective is to be there for our clients, and provide the essential support you need: from the start of the process to the very end.
At NBRI, we know the complexities of the casino and hospitality industry inside and out, and have a track record to prove it. We have delivered tangible results for many gaming and hotel establishments, helping them increase their profile in a highly competitive environment. By working with us, you will better understand the attitudes and perceptions of your customers that determine their behavior.
When you hire NBRI, you’re hiring more than a company to conduct survey research. You’re hiring a business partner with a sincere interest in the health and success of your company.
Give us a call. We’re confident that you’ll find us a valuable partner capable of fulfilling your survey research needs, and exceeding your expectations.
GAMING & HOSPITALITY SURVEY CASE STUDY
A major Nevada hotel and casino with over 1,000,000 visitors per year contacted NBRI for assistance in assessing their level of guest satisfaction. Being a leader in the gaming industry, the client understands the importance of analyzing the satisfaction of their guests. In addition, it is a well-known fact that guest service surveys are a best practice of global leaders.
The NBRI standard guest service survey was deployed by paper and online on an ongoing basis in order to measure their progress over time. Additional weight was given to the responses from the most profitable guests. A 30% response rate provided preliminary indications of a guest population that was willing to provide important feedback to help the property improve their guest’s satisfaction.
NBRI ClearPath Analytics identified guest wait time as the driver of 42% of all survey items. To address this root cause, NBRI recommended adding additional personnel at peak times. NBRI has the necessary knowledge and staff of organizational psychologists to analyze financials and guest service survey scores to determine the financial implications of improved guest satisfaction. Over time, as the guest wait times were addressed and decreased, NBRI determined that decreasing the wait time for this property had a direct financial impact of $1 million in revenue per average minute of wait time saved!
Standard Gaming & Hospitality Survey Topics
Research is in our blood. It’s who we are. It’s what we do. Our white papers highlight our philosophy on areas of business impacted by survey research.
See for yourself:
Using Science to Increase Intent to Return for Male and Female Gaming Customers – What are the differences between men and women as gaming customers? Find out the differences for one property and how they increased their revenues significantly.
Understanding Gaming Player Development in Winners and Losers – What factors are most important to winners and losers in determining whether to return to a gaming property? This white paper examines these factors and determines what gaming properties should focus on in order to retain both types of guests.
View all Customer Survey White Papers by NBRI.
Here’s what some of our customers are saying about us:
The Team at NBRI has the tools that make a difference for all Company’s that truly care about investing in employee retention and growing their business. I would think that is what all business owners want, however not all business owners take the time to get Employee and Customer Feedback. The tools NBRI is using to help us are already making a difference! Everyone has been a pleasure to work with!Sonja Dactelides
Majestic Star Casinos
NBRI service is awesome and hard to find these days.Alice Kelly
Treasure Chest Casino
NBRI is awesome! Thanks so much!Jessica Battaglia
We’d love to add your name to this list. It’s as easy as picking up the phone and giving us a call.
An employee survey offers insight into widely shared employee views. This includes a full range of workplace issues.
A customer survey identifies the factors that enhance customer relationships, customer loyalty, and increase sales.
Gaming & Hospitality Surveys
Gaming & Hospitality Surveys identify the factors that enhance guest loyalty and satisfaction. Guest Service Surveys are a critical component in monitoring customer satisfaction to retain current guests and gain new ones.
Healthcare Surveys identify the factors that enhance Employee, Patient, and Physician loyalty and satisfaction. Patient and Physician surveys are a critical component in monitoring your quality of care.
Market Research Surveys
Market Research Surveys identify the current and forecasted characteristics and demographics of an area or industry in which a product or service may be offered. Market Research is imperative to a successful product or service launch.
Political Research Surveys
Political Research Surveys quantify the factors that affect public opinion. A political research survey may be conducted to assess a candidate's electability, the potential reception of a policy change, the response to a given economic stimulus, and much more.